OK world. Its official. I am SKINNY!!!! I am back to my pre-pre-pre-pregnancy (2 children) weight and I feel FABULOUS! I celebrated my new fabulousnes by plunking down a few hundred dollars to get my hair done. With my freshly colored tresses and my newly thin physique, I am feeling GOOOOOOOOOD. 🙂
I kid you not. I did NO exercise….. NONE. As part of my experiment on the I LOVE FOOD DIET, I purposely stopped going to the gym, (I used to work out religiously 3 – 4 times a week). I wanted to truly see if just by following the I LOVE FOOD DIET, the weight would come off….and it did.
I have not starved myself. I have not given up any of my favorite foods. I simply stopped eating heavy carbs. There are an amazing amount of low carb substitutes that can be used in your favorite recipes. My favorite low carb find is Flax Seed Meal. I wrote about the amazing health benefits of Flax Seeds in my post “Move over My Hammy Part II”. In that post I mentioned from an article on Web MD that scientists around the world are touting Flax Seeds as the “one of the most powerful plant foods on the planet”. There is substantial evidence that this “wonder-food” can help prevent cancer, diabetes, strokes and heart disease.
I use this wonder food to make my famous cranberry almond flax-seed meal muffins. Every time I feel a carb craving, I grab one of these delights, pop it in the toaster and smother with butter or cream cheese. Each muffin has only 2 carbs each! Please see recipe below.
Yummy in my Tummy Low Carb Flax seed muffins
- 1 cup of flax-seed meal (I like the Golden Flax Seed Meal versus the Dark brown version. Its looks more “muffiny” when cooked.
- 4 -5 packets of sweet and low
- 1/4 cup of oil ( I used Olive oil because that was all I had in the house, but Vegetable oil would work as well.
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 cup of water
- ***1/4 cup of sliced pecans (optional – 1 oz of pecans contain only 4 gms of carbs)
- ***small handful of dried cranberries (optional – dried cranberries have LOTS of carbs. Just use them sparingly, if at all)
Mix all ingredients up and pour into muffin pan or shallow baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. (or until toothpick inserted comes out clean). Serve warm with fresh butter or cream cheese. Deeeeliiiiicious!
The I LOVE FOOD DIET is amazingly easy to do and easy to stay on.
Chow for now!